Monday, February 25, 2013

Masterpiece Mondays

Today will be my first post in my series of posts called,  "Masterpiece Mondays."

I LOVE art and I always find time in my day to teach it to my students.  Now let me preface this by saying I am not a professional artist and I don't claim to be.  I've just always had a passion for art and we teach what we love.

This week we were working on 2 and 3 dimensional solids in math.  I saw this art on Pintrest and was inspired to try it in my class. 



To start the activity off I reviewed with the kids our previous lessons on lines and angles.  They loved saying "acute little angle" in a girly voice and "obtuse angle" in a fat monster voice. 

Then I had the kids divide up their papers with the rulers.  We then sketched the 3d shapes and erased our inside lines. 

We used oil pastels and construction paper.  The kids have really enjoyed using them this year. 

Here are some of my kids hard at work. 




I forgot to take more pictures of their finished products, but I shall leave you with this lesson.....
When drawing solids, always check your students cylinders. 
 
Can you name the solids in this picture?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment